Some quirks found in the pronunciation of modern English
- The viking shot his bow from the bow of his longship.
- The soldier decided to eat his dessert in the desert after he deserted.
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- We polish the Polish furniture.
- He could lead if he would get the lead out.
- A farm can produce produce.
- The dump was so full it had to refuse refuse.
- The soldier decided to desert in the desert.
- The present is a good time to present the present.
- At the Army base, a bass was painted on the head of a bass drum
- The dove dove into the bushes.
- I did not object to the object.
- The insurance for the invalid was invalid.
- There was a row in the row (queue) about whose turn to row the boat.
- They were too close to the door to close it.
- The buck does funny things when the does are present.
- They sent a sewer down to stitch the tear in the sewer line.
- To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
- The wind was too strong to wind up the sail.
- After a number of Novocain injections, my jaw got number.
- I shed a tear when I saw the tear in my clothes.
- I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
- How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
- I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt.
English quirks index